To train students in modern Economic perspectives of education decision analysis and to apply those theories to understand the education system and policy of Sri Lanka.
At the end of the course unit the students should be able to
1. Get a clear understanding of how the different economic systems operate at present,
2. Gain an insight into transitory characteristics occurring in each system,
3. Develop an insight into the present status of the economic system in Sri Lanka.
Understanding contemporary world economy and its issues in the light of economics theories and concepts
1. To be familiarized with current world economic setup and its issues
2. Application skills of theories to practical issues
3. Broad analytical skill of domestic economic issues
The aim of this course is to provide participants with an exciting introduction to the theory and practice of entrepreneurship and new venture creation. This course also aims to provide the tools you will need to be successful if you choose the path of entrepreneur.
1. Apply advanced techniques to examine the time series properties of data sets drawn from economics and finance
2. Identify and construct the most suitable Econometric Models for relevant Macro Economic time series data.
3. Use time series econometric models to make forecasts and evaluate forecasts.
4. Use the main time series econometric techniques (such as Unit-Roots, Cointegration, ARCH/ GARCH, GMM…. etc) to estimate the econometric models.
5. Undertake intermediate level empirical independent research in applied economics.
On completing the course the students will understand the central technical issues in the statistical analysis of financial data. They will be comfortable with the use of standard econometric software such as EVIEWS to undertake their own research