January 2016 (28th Batch)
The course is designed for those who are interested in improving their competence in English language in order to be more successful in a business environment.
Modules taught include:
♦ Effective communication for business
♦ Business letters, report & project proposal writing
♦ Telephone etiquette
♦ Making presentations using Multimedia
♦ Negotiation skills
♦ Conducting & participating in meetings
♦ Skills in conducting & facing interviews
Free use of a well equipped Self Access Centre with web based language resources
Course Duration – Four months (60 hours)
Course Fee (to be paid after the selection test)
♦ Preliminary / Intermediate Levels Rs. 20,000/= (for Sri Lankan students) Rs.40,000/= for non-Sri Lankan students (includes a specially designed series of in-house course modules)
♦ Advanced Level Rs. 25,000/= (for Sri Lankan students) ( includes the internationally accepted course book ”English for Business Studies” by Ian MacKenzie and specially designed supplementary course material) Rs.50,000/= for non-Sri Lankan students
Application Fee – Rs. 500/=
Application Procedure –
1. Pay Rs.500/= under the reference No. 304025500001 at any Peoples’ Bank branch to the credit of the main collection account of the University of Colombo
2. Submit the copy of the bank receipt (for Rs.500/-) to the English Language Teaching Unit, (2nd Floor, New Arts Building, Reid Avenue) University of Colombo with the name of applicant written clearly on the reverse of the receipt.
3. Application forms will be issued between 9.00 a.m. and 3.00 p.m. from August 29, 2016 (Except on Public Holidays. On Sundays, application forms will be issued till 12.30 p.m. only.
4. Application and Course fees are non-refundable
5. Closing date for the issue of application forms is Wednesday, October 05, 2016.
Classes will be held at three levels – Preliminary, Intermediate and Advanced according to the proficiency level of the students. Applicants should be 18 years or above.
A selection test will be held on Sunday, October 09th 2016 at 09.30 a.m. in the Examination hall, Ground floor, Faculty of Law, University of Colombo.
For further details: Tel No 011-2506705