Senior Lecturer (Grade I)
Department of History
University of Colombo
Colombo – Sri Lanka
- PhD University of Colombo Sri Lanka
- M.A. (International Relations), University of Colombo, Sri Lanka
- Post Graduate Diploma, University of Uppsala, Sweden
- B.A.(History), University of Colombo, Sri Lanka
- Teaching Areas – Western & Eastern European History and African and American History
- Research Interests – History of Wars, Security Studies, Intra-State Conflicts, Peace Process, and Peace Building
- African World, 2014. Orlanda Publication Arrawwela ISBN:978-955-41887-0- (Sinhala Medium)
International Refereed Publications
- Peace Building in Sri Lanka: Do The Root Causes Matter? 2013, Institute of Peace Studies, University of Hiroshima, Japan.
- Sri Lanka: Peace Building in Traumatized Society 2012 Institute of Peace Studies, University of Hiroshima, Japan.
- Book Review on Between War and Peace in Sudan and Sri Lanka Deprivation and Livelihood Revival By Shanmugaratnam Journal of Peace Conflict and Development Issue 15, March 2010 Available at www.peacestudiesjournal.org.uk
- Book Review on Peace Building in Post Conflict Societies: Strategy and Process. Ho-Won Jeong, Peace and Conflict: Journal of Peace Psychology, American Psychological Association volume 15July issue 03 2009.
- Book Review on Aceh, Indonesia Securing the Insecure State By Elizabeth F. Drexler Journal of Peace, Conflict and Development, Issue 13, February 2009 Available at www.peacestudiesjournal.org.uk
- Article on Intra- Factional Political Actors and Peace Process, University of Bradford United Kingdom May 2007. http://www.brad.ac.uk/hub/grad-conference.php
- Article on, The Issue of Language and the Sri Lankan Conflict– Institute of Philosophy Legal Review In September 2000, in Venezuela.
National Refereed Publications
- Peace Process 2000-2004, Mahavamsa Volume VI, 2014, Department of Cultural Affairs, Sethsiripaya, Battaramulla Sri Lanka.
- Competing Political Actors in a Peace Process: A Case Study of Sri Lanka 2002-2005, 2014, NCAS Colombo.
- Competing political actors and their detrimental effect on civil war termination: An analysis of ‘spoilers’ 2013, Annual Research Symposium, University of Colombo
- Chapter on Conflict Resolution -Distance Leaning Manual Human Rights Centre University of Colombo Sri Lanka 2006
- Article on Mediation-Hand book on Human Rights Centre for the study of Human Rights University of Colombo Sri Lanka 2005
Conferences/Paper Presentations :
- Intra- Factional Political Actors and Peace Process conference for Development and Justice 23rd June 2007. Dept. of International Development, University of Oxford, United Kingdom.
- Political Actors and Peace Process Graduate Research Conference 15th May 2007. , University of Bradford United Kingdom.
- Road for Peace Communal Harmony in South Asia: Success Stories December 8th, 2004. Seventh Sustainable Development Conference Development Policy Institute Islamabad Pakistan.
- Politics and Religion in USA: American Buddhism 24th April 2005. International Seminar University of Islamabad Pakistan.
- Workshop on Reproductive Health, Counselling and Training of Peer Leaders University Grant Commission Sri Lanka 2005.
- Human Rights and Sri Lankan Ethnic Conflict– June 13, 2000. Department of Peace and Conflict research at Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden.
Awards and Grants
1. Tikiri Abeyasinghe Memorial Prize for History, University of Colombo, 1993
2. American Fulbright fellowship – U.S. Fulbright Commission, Sri Lanka, 1999
3. Swedish scholarship, Swedish International Development Co-operation Agency (SIDA), 2000
Executive and other positions on boards of international, national organizations
1. Examiner, Resource Person and Supervisor Diploma in Conflict Resolution Centre for Conflict Resolution- Department of Peace Studies, University of Bradford U.K. with Collaboration with Social Scientist Association Sri Lanka 2005
2. Coordinator for National Heritage Commission Task Force in Collaboration with Sri Lanka Historical Association, Conference on Promoting Historical Research In Sri Lanka 2004.
3. Chief Examiner for General Certificate of Education (Advance Level) History, Department of Examination, Sri Lanka April 2004
4. Secretary, Sri Lanka Historical Association 2003 and 2004
5. Examiner, Resource Person and Supervisor Diploma in International Studies, Bandaranaike Centre for International Studies 2005
Involvement with other organizations
1. Executive Committee in Sri Lanka Historical Association. 2005 and 2006
2. Executive Committee Member in Sri Lanka Federation of University Teachers Association 1999.
4. Life Member in Sri Lanka Historical Association and Executive Committee in 1995 and 1996.
5. Membership in American Studies Association of Sri Lanka.