This programme enables the participants to experience online learning which will equip them not only with language skills but alsowith IT skills.
Objectives of The Course
The primary objective of the programme is to enable the participants to gain confidence and a good working knowledge of English particularly when
-> expressing themselves at conferences and meetings
-> making presentations
-> dealing with customers
-> writing business letters & proposals
-> carrying out work related activities confidently
The Diploma in Business English will be for those
Who are ?
-> Seeking employment
-> Already in employment in both the public and corporate sectors
-> Ready to venture out into self-employment
-> Engaged in higher studies
-> Wishing to enhance their language competencies
Each course will cover the components of reading, writing , listening, speaking and grammar.
-> Mastering the Social Graces in the Business World
-> Effective Communication Skills
-> Leadership and Team Building
-> Cultural Diversity and Tourism
-> Meetings, Interviews and Negotiations
-> Public Speaking and Presentations
-> Business Writing
-> Marketing and Advertising for a Changing World
-> Finance and Banking
Duration and Commencement of the Course
Duration – One year
Commencement – 28 January 2018
-> Course Assignments
-> An Oral Presentation
-> A Project Proposal
-> A Final Written Paper
Candidates who are successful at all of the above will be awarded the Diploma from the University of Colombo
A :- Pass at the Selection Test or
:- Pass in the Certificate in Business English Advanced Level, University of Colombo
B :- Basic Computer Skills
C :- Be above 18 years of age
Application Procedure For Selection
Issue of Application
1. Pay Rs. 1000/- to code no. 304025600000 at any Peoples’ Bank Branch.
2. Submit the copy of the bank receipt (for Rs. 1000/-) to the Diploma in Business English Office, English Language Teaching Unit, (Room No. 217, 2nd Floor, New Arts Building, Reid Avenue) University of Colombo with the name of applicant written clearly on the reverse of the receipt to obtain the application foems.
3. Issue of Application forms :- From 16 October 2017 to 17 November 2017 weekdays 9.30 a.m.- 3.00 p.m.
1. The test consists of a written component and an interview.
Date :- 03 December 2017
Time :- 9.30 a. m.
Venue :- Faculty of Arts, University of Colombo.
2. When you come for the selection test you are required to
-> Submit a certificate or a letter from your employer certifing your basic computer skills.
-> Bring your national identity card.
1. The course fee of Rs. 60,000/= should be paid at any Peoples’ Bank branch to the A/C no. given to you by us.
♦ It can be paid in 2 installments of Rs. 40,000/= and Rs. 20,000/=
♦ Course fee for the foreign students will be Rs. 100,000/=
♦ Foreign students should come through on entry visa so that they can get the residence visa.
2. The bank receipt for the course fee and the duly completed registration form should be Submitted to the Diploma in Business English Office, English Language Teaching Unit, (Room No. 217, 2nd Floor, New Arts Building, Reid Avenue) University of Colombo on weekdays (except public holidays) from 9.00 a. m. – 3.00 p. m. at the time of registration.
3. Registration Period :- 08.01.2018 – 26.01.2018
For further information contact
Diploma in Business English
Department of English Language Teaching
University of Colombo. Telephone :- 011 2584200
Fax :- 011 2506705 E-mail :- email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org