The Career Guidance Unit (CGU) of the Faculty of Arts, University of Colombo, offers a variety of services ranging from guidance on future careers, capacity building, skills development, mentoring programmes, job search programmes and to career fairs. The unit functions directly under the Dean of the Faculty of Arts.
- To develop relations between the University and the employment sector in a mutually beneficial way.
- To help undergraduates in choosing and progressing on an optimal career path, based on their ability, desire and available opportunities.
- To create an environment where students identify personality development in themselves to satisfy the professional expectations.
- To help undergraduates obtain an orientation to the employment sector and develop transferable skills such as effective communication, leadership, teamwork, and management so that a productive and an efficient member is produced for the work force.
- To introduce the students to the world of work and dynamics.
Registration for Entrepreneurship Skill Development Workshop
Soft Skills Workshop Webinar Series by John Keells Foundation:
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Address : Career Guidance Unit, Faculty of Arts, P.O. Box 1490, Colombo 03, Sri Lanka