SLQF Level : SLQF 1 (https://www.ugc.ac.lk/attachments/1156_SLQF_2016_en.pdf)
The major objective of this Advance Certificate Programme in Tourism Entrepreneurship and Business Development (ACTEBD) is to provide the essential conceptual and analytical knowledge with required skills through an Industry-Interactive and Application-Oriented Learning Approach to create professional excellence and analytical preparedness for innovative entrepreneurs for tourism development of the country, more specifically focusing to ensure People-Centered Sustainable Tourism Development.
Specific Objectives of the ACTEBD Programme
The specific objectives of this course are:
- To provide the conceptual and analytical knowledge and skills of entrepreneurship in travel, tourism and hospitality management
- To apply the gained knowledge and skills to start innovative and responsible tourism entrepreneurship through investment ventures in the industry.
- To offer the entrepreneurial skills and knowledge to promote and formalize SME and People-Centered Tourism Investments in different parts of the country.
To develop necessary skills and knowledge to apply for responsible and sustainable tourism business management align with national objectives of the industry.
The main target groups of this advance certificate course are the different levels of professional employees of the industry and those who aspire to be professional entrepreneurs in travel, tourism and hospitality management in both domestic and international tourism industry in Sri Lanka.
Duration of the program
Six (6) Months
1st August – 31st August 2021
The minimum educational qualifications of the prospective students to follow this certificate programme should possess any of the following qualifications:
- G. C.E. A/L or Equivalent Qualification
- Completion of NVQ Level 4 or Equivalent Qualification
- Passing the Admission/Selection Test and Interview
Course Fee ( Local Students )
Application Fee : Rs. 3000.00
Program Fee : Rs. 65,000.00
Payable in installments; Will be changed according to industry demand-trends and situation.
Course Fee ( Foreign Students)
Application Fee: US$ 15